Feedlot px (Rumensin) is designed to be mixed with grains, protein sources (if required) and forages at a rate of 1.5% of total ration dry matter to make a total mixed ration containing 22 mg/kg of monensin sodium (Rumensin) The resulting total mixed ration will then be fed to finishing cattle in the feedlot. A 500 Kg animal should receive 11.5 Kg’s of this ration. Allow free choice access to salt and clean water at all times.
- Do not supplement monensin sodium from other sources (eg. Other feedstuffs containing monensin or the Rumensin Controlled Release Capsule)
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended levels as reduced average daily gains may result.
- Do not allow dogs, horses or other equines or guinea fowl access to formulations containing monensin. Ingestion of monensin by these species has been fatal.
- Do not use monensin – medicated feed for the treatment of outbreaks of coccidiosis.
- May be used in feeds containing the pellet-binding agents Bentonite (2%), Attapulgite (2%), Kaolin (2.5%), Lignin Sulfonate (4%), Carboxymethylcellulose (0.1%), or Agri-Colloid.
- Directions for use must be carefully followed.
- Do not use in association with another feed containing supplemental selenium.
- Do not feed this ration to sheep.